For those of you joining the event, here are some of the things that you should note before the event and things to get you ready.
Event Details and directions:
We will be at the venue as early as 5pm for registration so come and hang out with us! We will kick off the pitches at 7.30pm sharp so do come early.
The venue is at Microsoft Singapore, Level 21. The nearest MRT to the venue is Raffles Place MRT, and take the Marina Boulevard exit to One Marina Boulevard, sometimes called NTUC Centre.
Once you reach there, check in with the security guard and they will give you access to the event venue at Level 21 Microsoft Auditorium.
Event format (in case you are still unfamiliar with it):
You can encourage to come with an idea to pitch at startup weekend. Fret not if you dont have any ideas, because you can still join other teams! Practice your 60 second idea pitches before you come. You will have 60 seconds (and 60 seconds only) to pitch an idea to all the participants.
What to bring:
1) Laptop (any cables necessary to connect your laptop to a projector)
2) Extension Cord
3) Power Adapter
5) Confirmation of your ticket along with an id
6) If you have 3G USB dongles or other ways of getting onto the Internet, bring them, just in case. Murphy’s Law!
7) Money if you need to buy food from nearby! There’s an after party too!
What will be provided:
1) Meals will be provided throughout the weekend. (Though we will provide meals, feel free to bring snacks for yourselves and if you like, your teammates. Needless to say the most generous are those who feed the organizers ;-))
2) Post – its
3) Lots of energy & enthusiasm!
Other event details:
Hashtag for the weekend is #swsg2014. Tweet about what you’re up to. Tell people what you’re up to at the event, better yet, tweet about it now!
Feel free to bring cameras and video cameras to capture the incredible energy you are going to be a part of.
Be prepared for late nights and early mornings – transportation, crashing on someone’s couch, making fiends, etc.
Network. Network. Network. Don’t show up on Friday and sit silently in a corner. Talk to the others that are present and get to know them before we kick things off.
Please clean up after yourself and don’t leave garbage laying around.
See you this weekend and we cant wait to host you!
– Jacky, Ritesh & Pankaj